Translate this blog to any language

வெள்ளி, 4 செப்டம்பர், 2026

My Journey in Psychology: Yozen Balki

My Curiosity of Understanding 
the Human Mind:

I am a Senior psychologist cum Yozen Subconscious Therapist from Chennai.


Long before psychology became a profession, it was already a question stirring within me: What makes us think, feel, suffer, change, and become who we are? From childhood onward, I found myself looking beneath the surface of life, watching people closely, wondering about their hidden fears and hopes, and searching for the forces that shape the human mind. 

That search has never ended. It has grown with me through decades of learning, observation, teaching, counselling, meditation, and encounters with countless human stories.

From an early age, I was deeply curious about life. I was not satisfied with simply accepting things as they were. I wanted to know why people behaved differently, why they thought differently, why some experiences changed a person while others did not, and what really happens inside the human mind.

That curiosity gradually became one of the central threads of my life.

As I grew older, my interest in people, their emotions, thoughts, behaviour, struggles, and inner experiences became stronger. Psychology eventually became more than an academic subject for me. It became a way of looking at life itself.

Over the years, I spent several decades learning, observing, teaching, counselling, and working with people. My journey in psychology and therapy has extended for around three and a half decades. During this long period, I had the opportunity to meet people from many different backgrounds and to listen to their stories, their fears, their conflicts, their dreams, and their struggles.

Every person who entered my life became, in some way, a teacher.

I gradually understood that human beings cannot always be understood merely by looking at their outward behaviour. Behind a person's anger there may be pain. Behind silence there may be fear. Behind confidence there may be insecurity. Behind repeated mistakes there may be an unresolved experience. And sometimes, behind what appears to be a psychological problem, there may be a much deeper question about life itself.

This understanding took me beyond psychology alone.

Meditation became another important dimension of my journey. Through years of teaching meditation classes and working with people, I began to observe the relationship between the conscious mind, the deeper layers of the mind, and human experience.

Psychology often tries to understand the mind through observation, behaviour, thought, emotion, and experience. Meditation approaches the mind through direct observation of one's own inner world.

For me, these were not necessarily two separate worlds.

They were two different approaches to exploring the same mysterious territory, the human mind.

This became one of the deepest interests of my life.

Over the years, I have had the privilege of teaching thousands of students. Teaching, however, was never a one-way process for me. While I taught, I also learned. Every question from a student, every personal experience shared by someone, and every difficult situation brought a new perspective.

My students enriched my understanding just as much as I hoped my teaching would enrich theirs.

Books have also played a major role in my intellectual journey. I have always considered books to be silent teachers. Thousands of books have contributed, directly or indirectly, to the way I think about psychology, human beings, society, technology, meditation, and life.

But reading alone was never enough.

Life itself became the larger book.

People became its characters. Experiences became its chapters. Successes and failures became its lessons. Questions became its footnotes. And the unanswered mysteries of existence became the pages that I continued to turn.

One of the things I have increasingly understood through this journey is that human development does not have a final destination.

We continue to learn.

We continue to change.

We continue to discover new dimensions of ourselves.

This belief has also influenced the way I look at education and the future. I believe that technological change does not necessarily have to destroy human opportunities. When technology changes the nature of work, human beings can learn new skills and adapt. 

A person who once worked with an older technology can learn to work with a newer one if given the opportunity, training, and encouragement.

For me, adaptability is one of the great strengths of the human being.

This idea extends beyond technology. It applies to the mind as well.

A person can learn new ways of thinking. Old patterns can be examined. New perspectives can be developed. A life that appears to be fixed can sometimes change through understanding.

Perhaps this is why my intellectual interests have continued to expand.

Psychology led me toward the human mind. Therapy brought me closer to individual human experiences. Meditation took me deeper into inner observation. Teaching connected me with thousands of learners. Reading opened countless intellectual worlds. And life itself continually challenged me to ask better questions.

Today, I do not see my journey as a completed story.

I see it as an unfinished exploration.

There are still many questions that interest me.

What is the true depth of the human mind?

Where does ordinary psychological understanding end and deeper inner experience begin?

How much can a human being change through awareness?

What happens when psychology and meditation meet?

How will technology reshape human life?

And, perhaps most importantly, what does it really mean to understand another human being?

These questions continue to accompany me.

If I were to describe my life in a few words, I would not describe it simply through professions, achievements, or positions.

I would describe it as a journey of curiosity, learning, teaching, observation, compassion, and continuous exploration.

I have learned from books.

I have learned from teachers.

I have learned from students.

I have learned from people who trusted me with their stories.

I have learned from my own experiences.

And I continue to learn from life itself.

Perhaps that is the most honest description of my journey:

I am still a student of the human mind, still a student of life, and still searching for deeper understanding.

-Yozen Balki 💢 

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக

You can give here your comments: